Mincemeat Palmiers

I finally managed to make mincemeat palmiers after a busy holiday season. Not to toot my own horn, these are damn good confections. They are just are tasty as mince pies, but less than half the work! Since making these three years ago, they have become a family favorite and a holiday staple! As a belated gift from me to you, here is my recipe...which is actually a Gordon Ramsay recipe, but with a bit of modifications.

Ingredients:
- mincemeat (click here for recipe)
- 1 box Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets
- powdered sugar

Directions:
1. Lay out a piece of cling film on a flat surface. If you have it, I like to use a bamboo "sushi roll" roller. It makes rolling the puff pastry a lot easier. If you do, place the cling film on top of the roller. 
2. Layout puff pastry. 
3. Take several huge spoonfuls of mincemeat and spread it all over your puff pastry. 
4. Carefully roll one side of the puff pastry. Roll towards the center. Stop halfway. 
5. Roll the other side. 
BE SURE TO ROLL TIGHTLY! 
6. Once your palmier is tightly wrapped, I like to wrap it in cling film. Like...heavy duty wrapping. I am paranoid about it leaking, so yeah...
7. If you try to cut the palmiers right then and there, the dough will be too soft and it will be a disaster. For this reason, I like to leave my palmiers in the freezer overnight. That was in the morning, they are nice and hard, so when I cut them, no problems!
8. The day that you are baking, preheat the oven to 375F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. 
9. Fetch your frozen palmiers and unwrap them. 
10. Cut the palmiers into 1-inch slices. Line (with enough space) the palmiers on the tray. Sprinkle with powder sugar. 
11. Let the palmiers bake for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
VOILA! MINCEMEAT PALMIERS! Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life